Skip main navigation

Does your pet have an EU Pet Passport?

Travelling with a cat or dog is now much easier with the new EU Pet Passport, available from any vet. You can transport cats and small dogs in the cabin in a pet holder made for that purpose. Bigger dogs must be handed over at the bulky luggage desk in a sufficiently large pet crate.

All cats and dogs must have a passport containing details of a valid rabies vaccination.

When booking a flight, inform your travel agency that you intend to take along an animal. Please contact the office of your veterinarian to ensure before starting your journey that your pet meets the latest travel requirements.

The pet has to be booked as well. Not every airline accepts animals. For example, some airlines will not allow small rodents (rabbits, chinchillas etc.). All pets must have the European Pet Passport. Certain countries require additional documents for the animal (health certificate, anti-rabies inoculation).

Further information on Entry and re-entry of pets from third countries to Austria

Ready for the flight?

Cat goes on a journey